Our second river is a shorter, 9 mile trip classified as class III. The rapids are exciting, and unfortunately extinct. This section of the Reventazon is scheduled to be damned in a short two years. There is much protest, for this is a very popular run. Vegetation is beautiful, as sugar cane fields con be seen from the river. Lunch is provided at a spot where swimming smaller rapids is possible for adventurous spirit. For this trip, the pickup time is also 9:00, but the return time is 2:00. It takes an hour to reach the river , while only five minutes to return to Turrialba at the completion. The drive passes through sugar canes fields, coffee plantations, macadamia trees, ending whit a large sugar cane factory.
We recommend to bring:
- Swimsuit and/or shorts
- Sunscreen and/or sun visor cap
- String or strap to secure your glasses
- Short or long pants (for sun protection only). No jeans
- Tennis shoes or sandals with ankle straps. No flip flops
- Light rain jacket and/or polypropylene, wool shirts for cool or rainy days. Cotton T-shirts for sunny days only (they make you colder when wet)